Happy Pancake Day!
Give these vegan pancakes a try made with our thick, creamy almond milk and drizzled with maple syrup.
Makes a stack of 7-8 pancakes
- 125g chickpea flour
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 100 ml of The Paleo Foods Co. 9% almond milk
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Optional: pinch of salt, ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of vanilla
1. In a large bowl sift together the chickpea flour and baking powder.
2. Place the banana, maple syrup, almond milk and the optional ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk together to create a smooth batter. If the batter seems to thick add a little extra almond milk gradually, or if it seems too wet add a little extra flour (you want a slightly thicker than traditional pancake recipe).
4. Place a small frying pan on a medium heat adding one teaspoon of coconut oil. Once the pan is hot and the oil has melted reduce the heat a little.
5. Scoop up a full ladle of the pancake batter and pour onto the pan, after 1 minute or so, or when the top starts to bubble, flip and cook on the other side. (It’s useful to peak underneath the pancake before you flip to check it has got colour!).
6. Continue with the rest of the batter until all pancakes are made and then serve with coconut yogurt, extra maple syrup, berries and a sprinkling of freshly toasted pecans (or our grain-free granola!)
(Don't forget to tag us in your Paleo pancake pictures @paleofoodsco)